75% MAX DISTANCE / 100% EFFORT
The first of three testing phases that measure the efficiency and power of a thrower's mechanics at 75% of their max throwing distance.
Performance Phase 2 begins the first of three testing phases incorporated into the USPBL Throwing Program. By design, every thrower must first master 75% of their max throwing distance before advancing to the next phase. This will ensure a thrower is truly capable of throwing at further distances. The following criteria must be met and understood before attempting and advancing through Performance Phase 2.
- Thrower will attempt Performance Phase 2 from 75% of their max throwing distance
- All throws in Performance Phase 2 will be at 100% max intensity
- All position players will use their position specific throw
- All pitchers will throw out of their stretch or full windup
- Must be eligible for Performance Phase 2 set forth by Soreness Protocols
- Will not exceed more than 30 total throws in Performance Phase 2
- Will take 1 minute rests between each set
PROGRESSION OF PERFORMANCE PHASE 2 (IF NOT COMPLETED)
In order to get to Performance Phase 2, a specific progression must be followed to allow the arm and body to warm-up appropriately. This is outlined in the table below:
In order to advance to the next phase, you must successfully complete 3 consecutive sets within the same Performance Day. Each set must be at least 70% (7/10). For greater insight on how to progress through phases, refer to Phase Advancement Criteria for Performance Phases 2-4.
PROGRESSION OF PERFORMANCE PHASE 2 (IF PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED)
Once a thrower has successfully completed Performance Phase 2, they will now only throw 5 throws at Performance Phase 2 and proceed to Performance Phase 3 for next testing phase.