100% DISTANCE / 100% EFFORT
Performance Phase 4 is the third and final testing phase and serves as the ultimate measure of a thrower's efficiency at their max throwing distance.
Performance Phase 4 is the final testing phase incorporated into the USPBL Throwing Program. If a can thrower successfully complete Performance Phase 4, they will have clearly mastered the efficiency of executing their mechanics at their max throwing distance. The following criteria must be met and understood before attempting and advancing through Performance Phase 4.
- Thrower will attempt Performance Phase 4 from 100% of their max throwing distance
- All throws in Performance Phase 4 will be at 100% max intensity
- All position players will use their position specific throw
- All pitchers will throw out of their stretch or full windup
- Must be eligible to for Performance Phase 4 set forth by Soreness Protocols
- Will not exceed more than 30 total throws in Performance Phase 4
- Will take 1 minute rests between each set
PROGRESSION OF PERFORMANCE PHASE 4
In order to get to Performance Phase 4, a specific progression must be followed to allow the arm and body to warm-up appropriately. This is outlined in the table below:
In order to advance to the next phase, you must successfully complete 3 consecutive sets within the same Performance Day. Each set must be completed with at least 70% (7/10) accuracy. For greater insight on how to progress through phases, and the criteria that dictates accuracy, refer to Phase Advancement Criteria for Performance Phases 2-4 and The Efficient Throw, respectively.
PROGRESSION OF PERFORMANCE PHASE 4 (IF PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED)
Once a thrower has successfully completed Performance Phase 4, they will now need to update their distances in the Thrower's Handbook to continue to develop within the USPBL Throwing Program. Once throwing distances are received, every thrower will repeat the same process to advance through Performance Phases 2-4.